How to clean and wash your hammock?
As soon as summer season starts you probably start to look for your hammock. In hot summer days, you may use it more than your own bed! It is easy to stain the hammock – ice-creams, iced-coffee, soda pops, suntan lotions and much more. There is plenty of ways to make your hammock dirty but the question is: how to clean it?
There are two ways to do it but remember: always before washing remove all the carabiners.
It may seem that hammock hand washing is a HUGE challenge, but this is how you can do it:
1. Fill a big water container (bathtub or a pool for kids) with cool water, add mild detergent or a special soap for hammocks.
2. Use your hands and wash and a soft bristle brush to scrub dirty areas of the hammock.
3. Empty the container, refill it with clear water to wash away detergent. Repeat this step if needed.
4. Hang and dry the hammock on the fresh air.
Many hammocks may be washed in a washing machine. It is definitely an easier way to do it.
1. Put the hammock into the washing machine.
2. Add some mild detergent and wash it with cool water using a gentle washing cycle option.
3. Never mix the hammock with other things (e.g. clothes) while washing and never use bleach, the colors will fade away!
4. Don’t use softeners.
5. Hang and dry the hammock on the fresh air. We don’t recommend using the dryer.
Chose the way you prefer and enjoy lazy days in your favorite hammock!